Yercaud Servarayan Temple
- It is situated on the top of Shervaroyan hill and is a modern cave temple located 5326 feet above the sea level. The highest point in Yercaud hill is the Sherveroyan temple.
- The residing deities in the temple are god Shervaroyan and his consort the goddess Cauvery representing the Shervaroy Hills and the Cauvery river.
- The annual festival which is celebrated here in the month of may attracts thousands of the Malyali pilgrims.
- The temple is inside a large rock.One has to bend and get into the temple because of the lack of space.
Bear's Cave - Details
- The local people believe that the god Shervaroyan is the guardian angel for the 67 villages in and around Yercaud.
- It is believed that the temple's cave is so deep it touches the Cauvery river. There is a wishing well too near the temple.
- Near the Servarayan temple is the Raja Rajeswari Amman temple, dedicated to Raja Rajewsari, the goddess of all the gods.